INIS FITNESS CENTRE RULES
Inis Fitness members and guests visiting the fitness club must comply with these conditions. These terms are incorporated into The Inis Fitness Members Contract. Compliance with these terms is important both to maintain the standards at our club and to enable members and guests to get full enjoyment from their membership.
Any person who does not comply with these terms and conditions may have their membership relinquished or may be denied access to the club in the future.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these terms and conditions or our individual Fitness Centre operational rules at any time. If we do this we will give members reasonable advance notice by displaying the new rules on the notice board.
1. Acceptance of an application for Membership at the Centre is at our absolute discretion. We will exercise our discretion reasonably and in compliance with applicable laws.
2. Membership entitles members to use the facilities available which may vary from time to time. We offer different types of memberships and facilities, and the types of memberships and facilities offered may change.
3. Each category of membership has different restrictions, conditions, and benefits. Another category of membership may be of interest to you if your requirements or circumstances change.
4. In the event that a membership has been frozen a member’s re-entry to the facility automatically will unfreeze their membership.
5. Detailed membership terms are available in our ‘Membership Terms’ document.
1. A Membership Card will be issued to each member when they join.
2. There is a fee of €5 for replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged cards.
3. Each member must have his/her card swiped for security and verification on each visit to the Centre to gain entry. Any member attending without a valid membership card may be asked for proof of identification.
4. A member must not lend her/his membership card to anyone else as membership is personal and covers only the member’s use. Membership is not transferrable.
5. On termination of membership, for any reason, the member is required to surrender his/her membership card.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
1. A person may be allowed to enter as a visitor to the Centre by prior arrangement or appointment, subject to Inis Fitness’s absolute discretion. At all times visitors must complete a Health Commitment Statement as requested by the club.
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
1. You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the premises and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Centre by any other person. In particular you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner, nor will you molest, or harass, other members, guests, visitors, or members of staff. You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the Fitness Centre. You may not bring alcohol into the Centre or be drunk on the premises.
2. We may terminate your membership, refuse entry or ask you to leave the premises if you commit a serious breach of the terms and conditions or if you repeatedly breach these terms and conditions or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
3. Members of the Club, visitors, and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
4. Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the relevant Inis Fitness management team or in writing through the suggestion/comment’s boxes provided or by post to the Inis Fitness Manager.
5. Smoking is prohibited in any area of the Centre including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
6. You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on the Fitness Centre premises and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Manager who may at his/her discretion require you to leave the premises or part of the premises if your attire is not considered suitable.
7. Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle at any one time.
1. Opening times will be prominently displayed on the premises and on our website.
2. You may not bring pets (other than guide or assistance dogs) onto the premises.
3. You must not consume any food or drink in the Centre that you have brought in from outside the Fitness Centre.
4. Whilst in the Fitness Centre members will need to remain a safe distance apart from others at all times.
5. We reserve the right to show potential members and other individuals around the facilities of Inis Fitness without notice.
6. Members are not permitted to use the facility to personal train for monetary gain.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. You must use the main entrance to the Club when entering or leaving the Club.
2. Fire exits which are clearly marked are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
3. You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms and comply with their recommendations.
4. You must comply with any reasonable requests made by the members of staff in relation to matters of health and safety.
5. Any COVID-19 secure messages related to Health & Safety in and around the Centre will take precedence over other measures.
1. You must complete a Health Commitment Statement as requested by the club before using any fitness facilities.
2. You should seek advice or read the instructions before using unfamiliar equipment.
3. Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
4. Gymnasium equipment must not be used for longer than 20 minutes during busy periods.
5. You are asked to wipe down gymnasium equipment before and after use with the products provided.
6. You are asked to bring and use your own personal small towel/cloth to wipe away facial, head and hand sweat.
7. You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointments. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment if you repeatedly cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
8. You may not use the gymnasium while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
1. You must pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them.
2. If you can no longer attend a pre-booked class, you must cancel your booking online via our app or website or by calling the Centre. If you are cancelling within 30 minutes of the class starting, you cannot cancel online and must cancel by calling. If you book a class and fail to attend without cancelling more than 3 times in any 30-day period, then your class booking rights will be put on hold for a week.
3. You can book up to a maximum of 10 classes at any one time.
4. Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
5. You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress as this may interfere with the operation of the air-conditioning system and disrupt other participants.
6. In order to avoid disturbing classes you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes after the class start time will be refused. Any spaces available at the start time will be offered to those present and waiting.
7. Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded the instructor may restrict the number of attendees in the class.
8. An instructor may at any time ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others.
9. We reserve the right to limit your participation to only one exercise class per day.
GENERAL & GYMNASIUM USE
1. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on any part of the premises at Inis Fitness Club.
1. Lockers are available subject to availability.
2. Inis Fitness does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. We will not accept any liability in relation to locker thefts. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
3. Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the Centre. The keeping of any other items in the Club’s lockers is prohibited. If Inis Fitness has reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used in breach of this rule, Inis Fitness reserves the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
4. Your belongings, if removed, will be available for collection from reception for a period of thirty (30) days upon payment of a prevailing holding charge. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty (30) days, your belongings may be donated to charity.
1. Our car park may only be used by members, guests, and visitors while they are on the premises. You may not leave your car in our car parks at any other time.
2. No unauthorised parking is permitted. Where car parking spaces are designated for use by members, cars must be parked properly in such spaces.
3. You must be a badge holder to park in the accessible bays in our car park.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
1. It is not permitted to take photographs or video recordings in any area of the Fitness Club.
2. We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes. However, where reasonably possible, we will ask for consent to this usage.