A low impact, slow, intentional flowing exercise to improve strength and flexibility. The focus is on deliberate movements and gaining control and awareness of the body, particularly the core. The principles of Pilates are:
ABOUT THE CLASSES
MAT BASED PILATES
- Strength stamina
“The mastery of Yoga must not be measured simply by the ability to master the techniques of Yoga (poses and breathing), but how it influences our day to day living, how it enhances our relationships and how it promotes clarity and peace of mind.” -Sri T.K.V. Desikachar.
Yoga benefits? Too many to mention but here’s just a few!
- Improves muscle tone and relieves physical tension.
- Helps with strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance.
- Calms the mind, reduces stress and anxiety.
- Improves function and tone of internal organs, including digestion.
- Promotes a state of relaxation and inner contentment.
High Intensity Interval Training is the best way to burn calories, kick start your fitness, build cardiovascular stamina, increase metabolism and gain strength all while having fun!
- Challenge yourself each week as you improve!
- Exercises can be modified to suit all abilities.
- Use a variety of equipment to work the whole body.
- The exercises change regularly to keep it interesting and beneficial.